Illuminating Faith is a faith education initiative of the Congregation of Mark the Evangelist. Reflecting the Congregation’s own interest in thinking deeply about Christian faith, these studies offer a range of different reflections on Christian confession intended both to illuminate that faith, and to show how Christian faith can itself be illuminating.
Illuminating Faith will be a growing resource of free PDF study materials suitable for small group and individual study, free to download and print. Much of the material has been prepared and edited by members of the congregation. We also provide links to some materials prepared by others but which we are keen to promote.
The studies will be in a mixture of styles. Most are read-and-discuss booklets, providing a reflection on a biblical text or faith theme to be read prior to a group coming together to discuss the material. Some studies will be guides to reading a biblical text, with the study group itself generating its own responses to the passages being considered. In some cases the studies will include suggestions for prayer or other liturgical acts appropriate to the material. Some of the material will oriented towards a particular season in the liturgical year (Advent, Lent, etc.), and some of it is linked to parts of the Revised Common Lectionary cycles.
Keep in touch by joining the Illuminating Faith email list or following our Illuminating Faith Facebook page (when it’s up!).
NEW in Illuminating Faith and Illuminating Liturgy
- Illuminating Liturgy – An ‘O Antiphons’ setting for Advent
- Illuminating Faith: Advent Studies on the Song of Songs
- Advent A Worship Service Orders
- Illuminating Faith: The Apostles’ Creed – A lively text in a world made strange
- Illuminating Faith – The Church: Towards A Common Vision (WCC Study Document)
COMING for Lent 2020
- Illuminating Liturgy – Mark the Evangelist Communion I
- Illuminating Faith – ‘How can these things be?’ – Lenten Studies on the Revised Common Lectionary Gospel Readings from John
- Illuminating Liturgy: The Passion according to St Matthew – A Service Order
COMING for Easter 2020
- Illuminating Liturgy – Mark the Evangelist Communion II
ALSO in 2020
- Illuminating Faith – Bruce Barber on the Ten Commandments
- Illuminating Liturgy – An order of Service for the Reign of Christ / Christ the King
- Illuminating Liturgy – A cycle of Advent readings and carols
– – – – – – – – – –