Mark the Evangelist Update – July 3 2015
the latest MtE news update (a rather long one!):
- As you can see, the congregation’s web site is slowly being developed into a more interactive and informative resource! If you are noticing any display issues on your devices, please let Craig or Rod know.
- In July and August there will be a study series focussing on Marcus Borg’s Meeting Jesus again for the first time. You can register your interest via our web site.
- The Board of UnitingCare Hotham Mission recently sent to the VicTas Synod’s Standing Committee two responses to the Report of the Major Strategic Review Team on the Synods community services network, of which Hotham Mission is formally a part (as a UnitingCare agency). These responses are provided via our website for the information of congregation members. The first of these responses relates largely to the procedure of the Report. The second response relates more to the understanding of church, mission and agency assumed by the Report.
- We are pleased to welcome the Heaven’s Song church (choose the English version in the top righthand corner!), which will be using our hall/worship space on Saturday nights, 6-10pm. The congregation is part of a wider network of the Heaven’s Song church which has a ministry focussed on the Portuguese-speaking South American community. We pray that the two congregations will be a blessing to each other.
- “A Thoughtful Faith” is a new service the wider church we’ll be trialing through our web site over the next few months.
- St Mary’s Anglican Church is hosting a workshop on mental health which might be of interest to some of our congregation members.
- The VicTas Synod has withdrawn its support from ACCESS ministries.
- The UCA’s triennial National Assembly meets in a couple of weeks.