MtE Update – 1 May 2020
- Our second quarter study groups return next week, online for as long as we need to be before going back to face-to-face. The studies will be the first of several as part of an overview of the Old Testament; see here for more information
- Rob Gallacher has published a book — ‘THE COLOUR OF PRAYER’ — and it may be that some people from Mark the Evangelist would like to buy a copy. For details and a review, see this dedicated post.
- If you would still like to be added to the ‘MtE C-19 contacts list’ but haven’t responded yet, find and reply to the email from Craig earlier in the week.
- This week’s Synod eNews (May 1)
- News from the Justice and International Mission Cluster (April 29)
- In the Easter season (from now till end of May), our Sunday reflections will look particularly to the lectionary’s selections from the book of 1 Peter. For more information, see the dedicated post.
- We will vary the lectionary slightly this week; the lectionary re-orders chapter 2 this week and next, but we’ll take the readings in the order they appear in 1 Peter — so will take next week’s selection this week and this week’s later! So, for commentary on the Gospel and Pslam this week Easter 4A, May 3, see here; for commentary on the 1 Peter text we’ll consider this week see here
- A brief account of ministry of the saint commemorated this Sunday can be found here: May 4 – Monica, mother of Augustine of Hippo