MtE Update – April 23 2019
- Mark the Evangelist Day Lunch: THIS Sunday 28 April 2019 – After Worship : On Sunday morning, 28 April, we will be celebrating Mark the Evangelist Day with a lunch after worship. All are welcome – the more the merrier. The lunch is always a great occasion for sharing our life together over good food. As usual, we will cater for this event ourselves, with people contributing food. SO, if you have not already please give your names to Rod or Ann if you can come. AND equally important – please talk with Ann, Peggy, or Barbara and let them know what you can contribute for the lunch.
- Keep in mind that we’ve elections of elders coming up, with nominations due this Sunday
- The latest Presbytery eNews (April 23) is here.
- On Sunday May 5 there will be a conversation following morning tea on the theme of ‘Music and the Liturgy’ — beginning to explore the place and role of music in our worship.
- If you would like to do some background reading on the texts for this Sunday April 28 17, see the commentary links here.
Other things potentially of interest
- Queen’s College ANZAC Commemoration Chapel
The Master, Dr Stewart Gill OAM, warmly invites you to attend the Queen’s College Anzac Commemoration Chapel Service, with Professor Geoffrey Blainey AC, Fellow of Queen’s College
“Anzac: The Guns Are Not Yet Silent”
DATE: Sunday 28 April 2019
VENUE: Queen’s College Chapel
- Advance Dates
- April 28 — MtE Day Luncheon after worship
- May: Worship and Music – an after-worship conversation
- May 12 — Congregational AGM
- Speaker from Lentara on the Asylum Seekers Project POSTPONED to a date TBC