MtE Update – December 10 2021
- Attendance at gathered services is presently limited to those who demonstrate that they have had two COVID-19 vaccination shots, or that they are exempt from being vaccinated. It will be necessary to provide proof of your vaccination, either prior to the service or on the day at the door, but this only needs to be shown once for recording; please see here for more information. If you presently are unable to attend under these conditions the live-stream is still available from the home page, or please contact Craig or your elder.
- Mindful of the health-vulnerability of some members of our congregation, the church council has decided that we will continue to wear masks in worship throughout December and January, except for those who need to remove them when leading the worship, and for morning tea, or who have an exemption from wearing a mask. We will return to reception of Holy Communion in both kinds – small communion glasses only – from this Sunday December 12.
- This Sunday December 12 will be our annual budget approval meeting (following worship), in connection with proposed focuses for mission and ministry; papers for this meeting have been distributed electronically and will be available in hard copy from the church.
- News from the Justice and International Mission Cluster (Dec 6)
- The most recent Synod eNews (Dec 9)
- The most recent news from the UCA Assembly (Dec 8)
- This Sunday December 12 is the third Sunday of Advent. See here for some backgound on this reading and others to be heard on Sunday.
- December 19 – Advent Cycle of Readings and Advent Carols, worship 10am
- Christmas Day services
- February 13: Futures workshop following worship