MtE Update – December 3 2021
- Attendance at gathered services is presently limited to those who demonstrate that they have had two COVID-19 vaccination shots, or that they are exempt from being vaccinated. Unable to It will be necessary to provide proof of your vaccination, either prior to the service or on the day at the door, but this only needs to be shown once for recording; please see here for more information. If you presently are unable to attend under these conditions the live-stream is still available from the home page, or please contact Craig or your elder.
- Mindful of the health-vulnerability of some members of our congregation, the church council has decided that we will continue to wear masks in worship throughout December and January, except for those who need to remove them when leading the worship, and for morning tea. We will return to reception of Holy Communion in both kinds – small communion glasses only – from Sunday December 12.
- Sunday December 12 will be our annual budget approval meeting (following worship), in connection with proposed focuses for mission and ministry; papers for this meeting have been distributed electronically and will be available in hard copy from the church.
- If you would like to the see the recording of last Sunday’s “peace and diplomacy” session (John’s presentation only, not the discussion), it can be viewed/downloaded here
- The most recent news from the UCA Assembly (Nov 24)
- This Sunday December 5 is the second Sunday of Advent; our preacher will be Matt Julius, with Rob Gallacher serving as liturgist. See here for some backgound on this reading and others to be heard on Sunday
- December 19 – Advent Cycle of Readings and Advent Carols, worship 10am
- Christmas Day services
- February 13: Futures workshop following worship