MtE Update – July 21 2022
- This Sunday July 24 there will be a Congregational Meeting following morning tea, after a slightly shortened service!
- Next Sunday July 31 there will be a conversation following morning tea for reflection on worship at MtE.
- “Quarterly Conversations” is a new intiative by MtE, seeking to promote important conversations about Australian society; for more formation: Quarterly Conversations! Please let Craig know if you are interested in being part of this.
- The most recent news from the UCA Assembly (July 20)
- This Sunday July 24 we will again look at the Gospel reading for the week – the Lord’s Prayer. For commentary on the other lectionary readings for this week, see here.
- The MtE Events Calendar
- Our COVID policy for worship continues to be as follows, to be reviewed again by the church council in August:
- Mindful of the health-vulnerability of some members of our congregation and the uncertain state of play with respect to the pandemic, the church council has decided that we will continue to wear masks in worship throughout March, except for those who need to remove them when leading the worship, and for morning tea, or who have an exemption from wearing a mask. Holy Communion continues to be servied in both kinds, the wine via small communion glasses only.
- August 14 – Congregational Meeting following morning tea
- August 21 – Rosters and hymn-learning session
- August 28 – Worship Bible readers workshop
- September 11 – workshop for those leading the intercessions in worship