MtE Update – March 11 2022
- Lent and Easter at MtE
- Contributions for the Autumn edition of Mark the Word are now invited. A particular focus of this issue will be reflections on our recent futures workshop. Please get your contriubutions to Rosemary by March 21!
- Next week, March 20, we will have a conversation about worship following morning tea – more details in the pew sheets! (This was previously – mistakenly! – advertised as a Bible-readers workshop, which will be offered later in the year).
- Uniting Church East Coast Flooding Emergency Appeal
- A three-week Lenten Studies series will commence face-to-face from next Wednesday March 16 and online from Friday March 18. Details are here!
- The most recent Synod eNews (Mar 10)
- The most recent news from the UCA Assembly (March 9)
- This Sunday March 13, our worship service will be led by Peter Blackwood. Backround for the set texts for Sunday can be found here.
- Our COVID policy for worship continues to be as follows, to be reviewed again by the church council in April:
- Attendance at gathered services is presently limited to those who demonstrate that they have had two COVID-19 vaccination shots, or that they are exempt from being vaccinated. It will be necessary to provide proof of your vaccination, either prior to the service or on the day at the door, but this only needs to be shown once for recording; please see here for more information. If you presently are unable to attend under these conditions the live-stream is still available from the home page, or please contact Craig or your elder.
- Mindful of the health-vulnerability of some members of our congregation and the uncertain state of play with respect to the pandemic, the church council has decided that we will continue to wear masks in worship throughout March, except for those who need to remove them when leading the worship, and for morning tea, or who have an exemption from wearing a mask. We have now returned to reception of Holy Communion in both kinds – small communion glasses only.
- April 10: The Passion of the Christ according to St Luke
- May 1: Congregational AGM