MtE Update – March 4 2016
the latest MtE Update!
- Our congregational picnic will be after morning tea on Sunday March 6, again under a shady tree at the Native Gardens section of Royal Park.
- Our next meeting on our MtE Futures project (buildings, mission), will be after worship on Sunday March 20; papers for this meeting will be distributed to you directly by email next week, and be available for pickup at worship on March 13.
- Nominations to the next VicTas Synod meeting (June 4-8 2016) are now open, closing March 9. Nominations are open to confirmed UCA members; Craig has more details if you are interested in nominating someone, or being nominated.
- The Synod’s Major Strategic Review is nearing its end, and is doing the rounds across the synod to give people the opportunity to hear and give feedback on its vision and plans as well as explore its findings and the potential changes for the church. The session to be held in this region is happening next week on Tuesday 8th March from 6:30pm-9:30pm (with a break) at Heathmont UC. It is an important opportunity to understand the directions the Synod may be taking in the future. More information can be found here and you are invited to register to help with catering.
- If you took petition forms regarding one of our asylums seeker’s approach to government senators, please return them this Sunday.
- Our Easter Service times are here.
Other things of potential interest:
- Brunswick UCA is running a study series on the book of Revelation over 3 weeks in March
- You are invited to Taizé prayer this Saturday: 5.30pm Saturday, 5th March at Trinity College Chapel (singing practice starts at 4.45pm); Please stay for dinner afterwards in the Trinity College Dining Hall ($10). You can RSVP to the event on Facebook or just come on the day. The following prayer at Trinity College will be at 5.30pm on 2nd April. Heidi, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Taizé in Melbourne, Australia