MtE Update – March 5 2021
- The most recent Synod eNews (Mar 4). This features news about the Synod’s new ‘Moderator-elect‘ (2022+) and an invitation sign an online petition regarding climate change and associated issues sponsored by a network of faith communities (follow the links in the ‘Tackle climate change’ section).
- The second meeting of the proposed UCA City Churches justice network will be on Tuesday March 9, 7.30pm by Zoom. For the connection details (if you’re not already on the list!), contact Craig.
- Lenten study details are now finalised (with a recent, slight change to the presenters!): NEXT WEEK Wednesdays 10, 17 and 24 (gathered at 7.30pm), and Fridays 12, 19 and 26 (online at 1.30pm), and possibly others. Being onine the Friday session will be easy to get to, and a great conversion!
- Study-Discussion Groups. Following Easter, our online study groups will pick up where we left off last year, now commencing the New Testament series from Yale University. If there is sufficient interest we may also do a re-run of last year’s OT series. Basic details with links to the materiasl are available here (dates yet to be finalised).
- This coming Sunday March 7 worship will be led by Peter Blackwood and Robert Gribben, featuring the set lectionary with a focus on the Psalm. Some background on this week’s readings can be found here.
- Friends of MtE organist Donald Nicholson may be interested in his upcoming concert (March 10), Lord Willoughby’s Welcome Home!
- Book Launch: There will be a book launch at St Mary’s on Saturday 10 April at 4 pm: Dorothy A. Lee, The Ministry of Women in the New Testament. Reclaiming the Biblical Vision for Church Leadership (Baker Academic, 2021). The book will be launched by Bishop Kate Prowd and will be on sale for 20% discount. The event will include refreshments by the Hospitality committee. All are welcome!
- Congregational Meeting — March 14, following worship
- AGM — April 18, following worship