MtE Update – May 3 2019
- On Sunday May 5 there will be a conversation following morning tea on the theme of ‘Music and the Liturgy’ — beginning to explore the place and role of music in our worship.
Some works have commenced in the church, including upgrading of the fluorescent lighting and repair of exit signs, installing some hanging points to the walls for seasonally coloured ‘drops’, cleaning, and adjustment of speaker locations. The moveable scaffolding stand for this work will still be in place on Sunday, occupying the children’s table and play-pen area. please take care around it.
- On Sunday May 12, we’ll return a monthly treatment of the Ten Commandment from Bruce Barber; for more information, here.
- News from the Social Justice Unit of the Synod.
- If you would like to do some background reading on the texts for this Sunday April 28 17, see the commentary links here.
- Advance Dates
- May 12 — Congregational AGM
- Speaker from Lentara on the Asylum Seekers Project POSTPONED to a date TBC