MtE Update – November 25 2021
- Attendance at gathered services is presently limited to those who demonstrate that they have had two COVID-19 vaccination shots, or that they are exempt from being vaccinated. Unable to It will be necessary to provide proof of your vaccination, either prior to the service or on the day at the door, but this only needs to be shown once for recording; please see here for more information. If you presently are unable to attend under these conditions the live-stream is still available from the home page, or please contact Craig or your elder.
- We will continue to wear masks in worship, except for those who need to remove them when leading the worship, and for morning tea. This policy will be reviewed at the next church council meeting.
- The theme of the next issue of Mark the Word is “Peace and goodwill: looking forwards with sharing and caring” What kind of Christmas are you planning for 2021?” We are also suggesting any stories about specially memorable or unusual Christmas in the past. Contributions to Rosemary are sought by the 30th of November.
- News from the Justice and International Mission Cluster (Nov 21)
Peace and diplomacy, and the part we play.
On Sunday November 28, 2pm (Zoom), Dr John Langmore will present on the importance of international diplomacy in avoiding and minimising international conflict, and connect this work to our own commitments to peace-making at the local level.
John is Chair of the Board of the Initiative for Peacebuilding at the University of Melbourne. He has previously worked in PNG, been an Australian Member of Parliament, a Divisional Director at the UN and has taught political studies at the University of Melbourne.
The 1-hour Zoom session will commence at 2pm. About half the time will be committed to the presentation and half to discussion.
- The most recent Synod eNews (Nov 25)
- The most recent news from the UCA Assembly (Nov 24)
- This Sunday November 2 is the first Sunday of Advent. Our focus text will be Luke 21.23-36; see here for some backgound on this reading and others to be heard on Sunday
- December 12: Congregational meeting (budget and focusses for 2022), following worship
- December 19 – Advent Cycle of Readings and Advent Carols, worship 10am.
- February 13: Futures workshop following worship