MtE Update – November 28 2019
- This Sunday we will have another of the new ‘sermon reflection‘ sessions after morning tea, this time on the recent preaching from the book of Timothy. The five sermons in the series can be found via the series post or in one download here. If you’re able to come bring:
- A question about something you heard
- A comment about something more you’d like to hear
- Any other comments on your experience of hearing or reading these sermons
- Advent Study at St George’s Travancore – The study will be conducted on the first three Mondays in Advent (December 2, 9, and 16), and will be based on the book, But what if she’d said ‘No’? by Cathy Laufer. The studies will start at 6:30 pm and take about 90 minutes each Monday, with the venue to be finalised in the next week. Participants are requested to bring some food to share. It is not necessary to have read the book, nor to have purchased a copy. Interested people are asked to contact Richard Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 29 – please include contact details (phone and/or email).
- THIS SUNDAY December 1 we will hear set RCL readings for the Advent 1A: the readings are here, with some commentary available here.
- Sunday December 1 – Responding to the 1 Timothy series: a ‘sermon feedback’ session after morning tea
- Mondays December 2,9,16 – Advent Studies at St George’s, Travancore
- Sunday December 22 – Advent Readings and Carols (with Eucharist)
- Christmas Day – 9.30am service (with Eucharist)
- Normal service times Dec 29 and through January