MtE Update – October 25 2019
- THIS Sunday October 27 there will be a Safe Church workshop after morning tea. You may be one of the members required to attend this as part of our obligations as a public institution — you’ve received an email about this if you are — and other interested members are welcome; please see here for more information.
- All Saints Day Lunch Sunday 3 November – After Worship. As has been our practice, on Sunday morning, 3 November, we will be celebrating All Saints Day with a lunch after worship. All are welcome – the more the merrier. The lunch is always a great occasion for a good chat, and for enjoying our life together over good food. Most important: Please give your names to Rod or Ann if you can come. AND equally important – please talk with Ann, Mary or Mepandi and let them know what you can contribute for the lunch.
- News from the Justice and International Mission Cluster
- The last of the Hotham Mission Bunnings BBQs will be Saturday November 2 (Sydney Rd, Brunswick). Please let Joey known if you are interested to assist – particularly for any period during the busy 11.00-2.00pm time slots!)
- This Sunday October 27 we welcome Matt Julius again as our preacher, tending to the set RCL texts for the day.
- ‘The Bible in my Head’ is a new project with the children (and others who listen in!) on Sunday mornings, particularly as part of our ‘With the Children’ time. Over the next few months, we’ll be working to build up an understanding of how the Bible holds together. This will involve a number of images and other mnemonic techniques . Most weeks new images or thoughts will be included in the pew sheet and also on this web site, as well as small ‘pointers’ within the order of service itself as to which parts of the Bible are being used at different times.
- ‘Religion in the University’ Seminar, November 1
- Sunday October 27 – Safe Church workshop
- Sunday November 3 – All Saints luncheon
- Sunday November 17 – Hymn-learning session after morning tea
- Sunday December 1 – Responding to the 1 Timothy series: a ‘sermon feedback’ session after morning tea