MtE Update – September 8 2016
the latest MtE Update
- Sunday worship this week will be lead by Rob Gallacher and Bruce Barber; Bruce has selected a set of texts different from the RCL for the day; for those who like to read up before the service, they are: Genesis 22:1-14; Romans 4:1-3; 13-17; Matthew 3: 7-10
- We are seeking another set of hosts for further coffee-and-cake conversations about our buildings project in the weeks of Sept 19-23 and Oct 3-7. If you are able to assist with this (a lounge room for a couple of hours, morning, afternoon or evening), please let Craig know and he’ll pass your offer on to the meetings coordinator.
- Hotham Mission’s food security research has featured in a recent article in the Moonee Valley Leader.
- The most recent Presbytery Newsletter (September 6) is here; an older newsletter which hasn’t been circulated (August 29) is here.
- The Institute of Postcolonial Studies, with which MtE runs occasional joint programs, has a special presentation by Samah Sabawi on the theme “My Words My Story! A Palestinian Australian’s Quest for Voice and Inclusion”; see the top item here for more details.
Other things of potential interest:
- Brunswick UCA has two theological conversations in the coming weeks; see here for more information.
- Some might be interested in a one-day symposium, Rethinking Liberation, Emancipation, and Inequality, at Melbourne Uni on Oct 21; details here.
- A public lecture on “Islam in our world today: Learning to understand & respect Islamic cultures & religion” is being presented at Yarra Theological Union (Box Hill); details are here.