Mark the Evangelist gives priority to the maintenance of a stable pattern of community life based on:
- worship in which the gospel is preached and set forth in the sacraments;
- the celebration of a liturgical and musical tradition which highlights Advent and Christmas, Lent and Easter, Pentecost and All Saints;
- a culture of pastoral care nurtured by the Elders;
- the expression of hospitality;
- engagement in learning, service and stewardship;
- in partnership with the Anglican/Uniting congregation of Christ Church, Kensington, the sponsorship of Hotham Mission and the determining of the priorities for its work;
- collaboration with other Christian denominations, as a member of the Ecumenical Council of North and West Melbourne.