Easter Season Sermons 2020
During the post-Easter season this year we will take a lead from the Revised Common Lectionary and read through the First Epistle of Peter.
Some commentary on the selected texts can be found on Bill Loader’s website, as follows:
- Easter 2: 19 April 1 Peter 1:3-9
- Easter 3: 26 April 1 Peter 1:17-23
- Easter 4: 3 May 1 Peter 2:19-25
- Easter 5: 10 May 1 Peter 2:2-10
- Easter 6: 17 May 1 Peter 3:13-21
- Easter 7: 24 May 1 Peter 4:12-14; 5:6-11
We might vary this sequence and selection a bit, but this page will be updated if so!
Preparing for the series
Being only five chapters long, 1 Peter is an ‘easy’ read, at least in terms of length. Read through it a couple of times over the course of the series.
There is also a series of videos on 1 Peter from the Anglican Lambeth conference, at the bottom of this page. The introduction to the commentary this conference produced gives a sound intro to the letter, and can be found here (to print out, or email to your eReader)…