MtE Update – August 5 2016
the latest MtE Update
- The planned congregational meeting on our buildings and mission issues, set for August 21, has had to be postponed on account of delays in gathering the information the Church Council had hoped would be available for consideration at that meeting. Church Council has re-scheduled this meeting for September 4. We note that this date is Fathers’ Day but, on account of other limitations, it is the only feasible date for a meeting before October. The service on September 4 will be shorted and the meeting kept as tight as possible to enable as many congregational members as possible to participate. The purpose of this meeting will principally be to hear and discuss a progress report as a prelude to a planned “decision” meeting later in October.
- Hotham Mission is running a special community screening of the documentary “Chasing Asylum”, which explores Australian aslyum-seeker policy and its effects on those seeking asylum. For more details, the film trailer and the link to purchase tickets, please see the UCHM web site.
- Our next study series STARTS NEXT WEEK. If you’re keen to come but haven’t registered, details and registration page is here.
- For information on a forthcoming event on “The Churches’ Approach to Advocacy for Refugees and People Seeking Asylum”, see this post.
- The most recent Synod eNewsletter (August 2) is here.
Other things of potential interest: