MtE Update – December 9 2016
the latest MtE Update
- This Sunday Dec 11 we will celebrate two baptisms! If you’re able to come and stay after the service, please bring a plate of something to share in an extended morning tea celebration. To minimise the shock when you get there, please be advised that the church will be reoriented to the north wall to maximise our seating capacity for what will likely be a full church!
- Hotham Mission is receiving donations of food and money for its Christmas food relief program. Gifts of non-perishable food can be left in the marked box in the church hall; a retiring offering for the program will be received after worship this Sunday December 11.
- This Sunday December 11 will also see the ordination of Sue Clarkson as a Minister of the Word and the admission of the Rev Dr Christine Sorensen as a Minister of the Word in the Uniting Church in Australia. This Presbytery event will take place at the Church of All Nations, 180 Palmerston Street, Carlton, at 3pm.
- Material for the summer issue of Mark the Word is due on Monday Dec 12; please get in touch with Suzanne if you’re able to contribute something.
- The most recent Synod e-Newsletter (Dec 7) is here.
- The latest (long!) update from the Vic/Tas Uniting for Refugees Network Update: December 2016 can be found here.
- If you’ve not already noted it in the print edition, Suzanne has recently reviewed a book on church architecture and renovation for Crosslight; you can read it here.
- Don’t forget that, prior to any Sunday, you can look up some background on the lectionary readings for worship; the links are on our worship page.
- CHRISTMAS SERVICES
Sunday December 18: a service of Advent carols and readings with Eucharist, 10am.
Christmas Eve:(we have no service at Mark the Evangelist, but commend the Christmas Eve services at St Mary’s Anglican Church – the 4pm “Kids’ Christmas” and the 11.30pm Christmas Eve Midnight Mass)
Christmas Day: Worship with Eucharist, 9.30am
Normal services will continue, 10am, throughout January