MtE Update – February 1 2018
The latest MtE News!
- Our Lenten studies for this year begin on Wednesday February 21 and Friday February 23; details are here.
- Brother Peter Bray from Bethlehem University is returning to Melbourne, and will again be hosted by MtE in a public forum; more details here. If social media is your thing, please help to make this event known via the Facebook link.
- An update on Child Safety in churches
- “Read it as if you wrote it”. Attention all rostered (and potentially rostered!) in-worship Scripture readers: we’re planning a workshop on the important ministry of lector after morning tea on February 25 — “Read it as if you wrote it”. Please plan to be there if you’re able; those who don’t read the Scriptures for worship also welcome!
- For those interested in some background commentary to the readings for this Sunday February 4, see the links here.
- A public lecture: Appraising the Royal Commission Report into Sexual Abuse and Religious Organizations.