MtE Update – February 9 2018
- This Sunday the UCA chaplain at Melbourne University, Sunny Chen, will be our preacher and will speak in our first after-worship conversation for this year about the chaplaincy at the University.
- Lent begins next week with our Ash Wednesday service, Wednesday Feb 14. This is a quiet, contemplative service at 6pm, setting something of the “tone” of worship during Lent. Our worship space during Lent will feature a number of icons, increasing in number over the period to Easter. More details about this part of the worship can be found here, including a link to the icon for Ash Wednesday
- Our Lenten studies for this year begin the following Wednesday, February 21, and Friday February 23; details are here. It would help to know if you plan to attend!
- The latest Synod e-News (Feb 8) is here.
- Brother Peter Bray from Bethlehem University is returning to Melbourne, and will again be hosted by MtE in a public forum; more details are here. If social media is your thing, please help to make this event known via the Facebook link.
- “Read it as if you wrote it”. Attention all rostered (and potentially rostered!) in-worship Scripture readers: we’re planning a workshop on the important ministry of lector after morning tea on February 25 — “Read it as if you wrote it”. Please plan to be there if you’re able; those who don’t read the Scriptures for worship also welcome!
- TRANSFIGURATION: An exhibition of oil paintings by Wes Campbell.
- For those interested in some background commentary to the readings for this Sunday February 11, see the links here. One of the readings for this Sunday is off-lectionary; see here for the text and comment.