MtE Update – July 21 2017
the latest MtE Update!
- TONIGHT July 21: Church of All Nations is sponsoring a “Conversations that make a difference” series, the first event of which will feature Andrew West (ABC Radio National), and Janet McCalman (UniMelb) discussing the place of religion in public discussions. See here for more info.
- Our next study series begins in a few weeks – on Wed August 9 (Nth Melb) and Fri August 11 (Hawthorn), and there may yet be another group. These groups are a great opportunity to spend some time together thinking about Christian faith and practice. First you read and then you join to discuss. We learn heaps together in the groups! The next book – “Migrations of the Holy” – is a study in “the political meaning of the church”, and looks into the relationship between the church and contemporary Western culture. You can read more about the book in a brief account by the author here. Plan to join one of the groups if you can!
- There will be a congregational meeting on Sunday August 6 following worship; the main item of business will be considering proposed focuses for mission and ministry for the next 18 months.
- Brunswick UCA the Palestine Israel Ecumencial Network are presenting on “Peacemaking in the Modern World” next Tuesday July 25; details.
- The August Pilgrim College news is here.
- The most recent Presbytery update is here.
- For those interested in some background reading to the readings for this Sunday July 23, see the links here. We are presently hearing the Series II OT readings on Sunday.