MtE Update – July 28 2017
the latest MtE Update!
- Our next study series begins in a couple of weeks. We learn heaps together in the groups! The next book – “Migrations of the Holy” – is a study in “the political meaning of the church”, and we’ll consider chapters on “The Liturgies of Church and State”, “The Church as Political”, “Migrant, Tourist, Pilgrim, Monk” and “The Sinfulness and Visibility of the Church.” You can REGISTER for a group from this page.
- There will be a congregational meeting on Sunday August 6 following worship; the main item of business will be considering proposed focuses for mission and ministry for the next 18 months; a report will also be given on progress with our buildings project.
- Public Lecture: Priorities for a public theology in a time of extremisms: Fresh insights from Bonhoeffer
- Thursday, August 10, 2017
- 6:00pm 8:00pm
- Whitley College Theological School44-52 The AvenueParkville, VIC, 3052Australia
Lecturer Revd Dr Keith Clements taught at Bristol Baptist College and Bristol University before serving with the Council of Churches for Britain and Ireland and as General Secretary of the Council of European Churches. Author of What Freedom? The persistent challenge of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Learning to speak: The church’s voice in public affairs and others.
Respondent: Revd Dr Gordon Preece, Director of RASP, editor of Bonhoeffer Downunder, ATF, 2012. FREE | Register at TryBooking. This event is co-hosted by Whitley College and RASP.
- For those interested in some background reading to the readings for this Sunday July 30, see the links here. We are presently hearing the Series II OT readings on Sunday.