MtE Update – March 28 2019
- Following worship this Sunday (31st) there will be another of our hymn-learning sessions, from around 11.30 and finishing before 12 noon.
- Following worship on Sunday April 7 there will be a congregational conversation about the re-drafted ‘Vision and Mission’ statement of Hotham Mission, which is being re-visited in preparation for the development of the next year plan for the Mission. The draft will be available for you to consider before the Sunday of the meeting.
- If you would like to do some background reading on the texts for this Sunday March 31, see the commentary links here (with particular reference to the psalm and the gospel reading; our Ecclesiastes text for this Sunday will be Eccles 2.1-11).
- Advance Dates
- April 28 — MtE Day Luncheon after worship
- May 12 — Congregational AGM and ‘music’ discussion
- May 19 — Speaker from Lentara on the Asylum Seekers Project
- Our Lenten Studies continue, Wednesday (March 13,20,27 and April 3). The Wednesday group meets at 630pm for a light meal, with the study commencing at 700pm. We are meeting this year at St Mary’s Anglican Church (in the hall). There will also be a FRIDAY morning series at Hawthorn beginning this Friday, 930am (March 15, 22, 29 and April 5). An intro to the series and more details of location, etc. can be found here; hard copies will available at the study group.
- Hotham Mission is setting up a stall at the Kensington Community Festival Sunday, 31st March 2019, at Kensington’s J J Holland Park, the stall operating from about 10am – 4pm, with Art and craft activities from the booth and taking the opportunity to promote the work of Hotham Mission. Hotham Mission has also donated some educational books to be provided as prizes. If anyone from the congregation would like to attend, to say hello or to help out during the day that would be great! The Hotham Mission community development coordinator (Joey) can be contacted on 0499 331 554 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
- A Good Friday performance of Bach’s St Matthew’s Passion
- Details of our Lenten and Easter services are now available here.