MtE Update – November 14 2019
- Following worship THIS SUNDAY November 17 there will be another of our hymn-learning sessions.
- Sunday November 24 will be a service of readings, psalms and hymns around the theme of the Reign of Christ to wind up the liturgical year (Advent beginning the following week!).
- There will also be a congregational meeting Sunday November 24 following worship, to receive the proposed budget for 2020 and a proposal for focusses for ministry and mission over the coming year. Papers are available in the church or via the email circular.
- ‘The Bible in My Head’ is our current project in ‘with the children’ time in worship. Last week we thought up 4 visual prompts to remind us of the first four books of the Torah — Jeans (Genesis), Exit (Exodus), Lever (Leviticus), Numbers (Numbers!). We now need thinking caps on for a visual prompt to remind of ‘Deuteronomy’ to round out the first section of the Old Testament.
- ‘Illuminating Faith’ is an MtE ministry in service of the wider church; have a look at recent additions to the suite of resources now available. There have been over 1600 downloads for the various studies and orders of services in the two years they have been on offer.
- The latest Synod eNews (November 8) is here.
- This Sunday we welcome again Matt Julius as our preacher, looking at the set RCL readings for this week.
- Sunday November 17 – Hymn-learning session after morning tea
- November 24 – Congregation meeting (2020 budget approval and ministry and mission focusses)
- Sunday December 1 – Responding to the 1 Timothy series: a ‘sermon feedback’ session after morning tea