MtE Update – November 19 2021
- Attendance at gathered services is presently limited to those who demonstrate that they have had two COVID-19 vaccination shots, or that they are exempt from being vaccinated. Unable to It will be necessary to provide proof of your vaccination, either prior to the service or on the day at the door, but this only needs to be shown once for recording; please see here for more information. If you presently are unable to attend under these conditions the live-stream is still available from the home page, or please contact Craig or your elder.
- The new roster is about to be finalised; please confirm with Sue your availaliabity to be assigned roles again for the next quarter.
- The theme of the next issue of Mark the Word is “Peace and goodwill: looking forwards with sharing and caring” What kind of Christmas are you planning for 2021?” We are also suggesting any stories about specially memorable or unusual Christmas in the past. Contributions to Rosemary are sought by the 30th of November.
Peace and diplomacy, and the part we play.
On Sunday November 28, 2pm (Zoom), Dr John Langmore will present on the importance of international diplomacy in avoiding and minimising international conflict, and connect this work to our own commitments to peace-making at the local level.
John is Chair of the Board of the Initiative for Peacebuilding at the University of Melbourne. He has previously worked in PNG, been an Australian Member of Parliament, a Divisional Director at the UN and has taught political studies at the University of Melbourne.
The 1-hour Zoom session will commence at 2pm. About half the time will be committed to the presentation and half to discussion.
- The most recent news from the UCA Assembly (Nov 17)
- This Sunday November 21 is “Christ the King”/”the Reign of Christ” – the final Sunday in the liturgical year. Our focus text will be John 18.33-19.5; see here for some backgound on this reading. If you’ve not seen the film, “The Truman Show”, that would also be good preparation for Sunday!
- December 12: Congregational meeting (budget and focusses for 2022), following worship
- December 19 – Advent Cycle of Readings and Advent Carols, worship 10am.
- February 13: Futures workshop following worship