MtE Update – November 22 2019
- THIS SUNDAY November 24 will be a service of readings, psalms and hymns around the theme of the Reign of Christ to wind up the liturgical year (Advent beginning the following week!).
- Last week a number of us learned a new hymn which will feature in the service this Sunday. This rendition makes the point, ignoring the chanted bit in the first 15 seconds (which we’ll not include!). The verses are straightforward but it might help to familiarise yourself with the male/female voice ‘echo’ in the refrain.
- There will also be a congregational meeting this Sunday November 24 following worship, to receive the proposed budget for 2020 and a proposal for focusses for ministry and mission over the coming year. Papers are available in the church or via the email circular.
Advent Study at St George’s Travancore – The study will be conducted on the first three Mondays in Advent (December , 9, and 16), and will be study is based on the book, But what if she’d said ‘No’? by Cathy Laufer. The studies will start at 6:30 pm and take about 90 minutes each Monday, with the venue to be finalised in the next week. Participants are requested to bring some food to share. It is not necessary to have read the book, nor to have purchased a copy. Interested people are asked to contact Richard Murray at email@example.com by November29 – please include contact details (phone and/or email).
- The latest News from the Justice and International Mission Unit (Nov 20) is here.
- November 24 – Congregation meeting (2020 budget approval and ministry and mission focusses)
- Sunday December 1 – Responding to the 1 Timothy series: a ‘sermon feedback’ session after morning tea
- Sunday December 22 – Advent Readings and Carols (with Eucharist)
- Christmas Day – 9.30am service (with Eucharist)