MtE Update – October 15 2021
- Worship this October 17 will be live-streamed VIA ZOOM at 10.00am. Please see the streaming link on the homepage for the Zoom link; the service will also be recorded for later viewing, although only those with liturgical roles (readings, prayers, etc.) will be ‘caught’ in the distributed recording. PLEASE NOTE that it is not necessary to have a web-camera to view the live-streamed service; connect via Zoom and you’ll see what is to be seen, but just won’t be seen yourself!
- Our Melbourne Uniting Churches’ Justice Coalition is hosting an online event on asylum seeker issues on Oct 24: details.
- Wesley UC (Lonsdale St) is running a new online film group
- A pastoral letter from the VicTas Moderator (re: vaccination and the ministries of congregations; Oct 8)
- News from the Justice and International Mission Cluster (Oct 14)
- The most recent Synod eNews (Oct 12 [vaccinations and church]) and general news (Oct 14)
- The most recent news from the UCA Assembly (Oct 13)
- This Sunday October 17, and perhaps for the remainder of the year, we will return to set Sunday readings in the lectionary. This Sunday we our focus text will be Mark 10.35-45. See here for some commentary on the gospel text.