Yarra Yarra Presbytery Update August 20 2015
· August Presbytery day – a quick reminder that our next Presbytery-in-council meeting will be held this Saturday 22nd August at Kingswood College, Box Hill. The agenda and papers have been sent, please let me know if you did not receive them.
· Mission Shaped introduction (MSI) – this introductory course exploring new ways of building communities which connect with Australians unfamiliar with traditional church will take place over the course of three evenings in August, September and October. Information is attached.
· Fundraiser for Asylum Seeker Resource Centre – Glen Iris Rd UC will be hosting a Jazz evening (and I see there will be cheese platters) to raise funds for the ASRC. An image with further information is attached and you can book here
· Thriving: Resilience and 40 Developmental Assets Training – a one day workshop for people passionate about the holistic and positive development of young people. Saturday 29th August. More information here
· Child, Mission and Education Symposium – a great opportunity for ministers, pastors, chaplains, religious educators and Christian teachers. Friday 11th September. More information here
· Justice and International Mission Unit convention – the 2015 convention will be held on Saturday 12th September at the CTM in Parkville. A registration form is attached.
· Disability Inclusion – the VicTas Synod’s Disability Action Plan will be launched by Victoria’s Public Advocate, Colleen Pearce on Friday 25th September. An invitation is attached.
· Transform Conference – “Let’s talk about sex: the Bible, faith and relationships” is the theme of the second Transform 2015 Conference for young adults, over the weekend of September 25-27, 2015 at Pallotti College. Prof. Bill Loader is the key presenter, with lots of other great presenters and stuff! Some registration subsidies are available for those not in full time paid employment. For more information: www.transformgatherings.com
· Living Leadership intensive – Living Leadership, resourced by the CTM, works to enhance the capacity of individual leaders and leadership teams across the church to exercise effective leadership. For anyone in a le