MtE Update – August 11 2016
the latest MtE Update
- Matthew and Miranda are presenting the Sugden Fellow Lecture at Queen’s College, Parkville, on Monday August 22, 7.00pm for 7.30pm (RSVP by August 19); the full details are here.
- The first Hotham Mission newsletter – the “Hotham Herald”, is available here.
- The moderator has circulated this letter regarding Synod budget cuts (staff reductions).
- There is a conference at the CTM in September on the relationship of church welfare agencies to the church itself. Some members of our congregation are attending, and others might be also interested; the details are here.
- Hotham Mission is running a special community screening of the documentary “Chasing Asylum”, which explores Australian asylum-seeker policy and its effects on those seeking asylum. For more details, the film trailer and the link to purchase tickets, please see the UCHM web site – tickets almost sold out!
- Our next study series has begun. If you’re keen to come but haven’t registered, details and registration page is here.
- As previously advised, the planned congregational meeting on our buildings and mission issues, set for August 21, has been re-scheduled this meeting for September 4, following worship. Papers for this should be available on two weeks beforehand.