MtE Update – February 15 2019
- Advance notice: Lent is still a while away, but the Lenten Study series will run for four weeks after Ash Wednesday (Wednesday nights, March 13,20,27 and April 3). An intro to the series can be found here. There will also be a Friday morning series at Hawthorn in the same weeks (March 15, 22, 29 and April 5).
- Beginning on Sunday February 24, and for most of the Sundays and special services in Lent, we will be working through parts of the book of Ecclesiastes in Lent, using ‘the Teacher’s’ understanding of ‘life under the sun’ as a way of interpreting Jesus’ path to the cross. More information about this can be found here, but in the mean time you might find it helpful to take the time to read Ecclesiastes once or twice before we begin together with it.
- Details of our Lenten and Easter services are now available here.
- We will have another of our hymn-learning sessions after worship on Sunday March 3.
- For those interested in doing some preparation to hearing the readings for this coming Sunday February 17, see the commentary links here. Matt Julius will be with us again as guest preacher.