MtE Update – February 25 2021
- News from the Justice and International Mission Cluster (February 22) AND February 24.
- The most recent Synod eNews (Feb 25)
- The nascent UCA City Churches justice network will be meeting again on Tuesday March 9, 7.30pm by Zoom. For the connection details (if you’re not already on the list!), contact Craig.
- UCA Assembly ‘Circles’. The UCA Assembly sponsors ‘circles’ of interest across a range of areas including justice, theology, worship and ecumenics (among others). More information can be found here.
- The Assembly also has a new repository for reports, historical documents and such: ‘illuminate’.
- Lenten study details are now finalised: Wednesdays 10, 17 and 24, and Fridays 12, 19 and 26, and possibly others. The Friday series will be online — easy to get to, and a great conversion!
- This coming Sunday February 28 Job will be on hold, with Rob Gallacher and Bruce Barber leading the service. Some background on this week’s gospel reading can be found here.
Other things of interest
- Book Launch: There will be a book launch at St Mary’s on Saturday 10 April at 4 pm: Dorothy A. Lee, The Ministry of Women in the New Testament. Reclaiming the Biblical Vision for Church Leadership (Baker Academic, 2021). The book will be launched by Bishop Kate Prowd and will be on sale for 20% discount. The event will include refreshments by the Hospitality committee. All are welcome!
- Friends of MtE organist Donald Nicholson may be interested in his upcoming concert, Lord Willoughby’s Welcome Home!
- Congregational Meeting — March 14, following worship
- AGM — April 18, following worship