MtE Update – September 7 2017
the latest MtE Update!
- The latest Synod eNews (Sept 6) is here.
- A letter from the Moderator (Sept 7) regarding our Synod meeting this and next week is here.
- The latest Pilgrim College news is here.
- For those interested in some background reading to the readings for this Sunday September 10, see the links here. We are presently hearing the Series II OT readings on Sunday.
Other things of potential interest
- The Resilient Women Forum.A new report has shown that women are the main targets of Islamophobic violence, with half of offline attacks occurring in crowded public spaces, often in front of children. You can read more about the report here Islamophobia in Australia Report.Participants attending this mid-day Forum will learn what practical steps community members, as well as local agencies and community leaders, can take to respond to this gendered violence and community safety issue.Guest Speaker: Tasneem Chopra – Curator, Consultant, Author and prominent activist. Tasneem’s passion for addressing social justice issues has embraced many platforms.We welcome all those interested, including those from community organisations, state and local government, schools, hospitals, places of worship, community members and leaders. The event is free of charge, but please register, as it is being catered. Please also let the organisers know if you have any dietary requirements. Note: Some childcare can be provided. Please contact April Robinson if you will need to use this service: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0417 225 231Details are as follows:Date: Tuesday, 12 September 2017Time: 10am – 2:30pm (including morning tea & lunch)Venue: Preston Shire Hall – 286 Gower St, PrestonRSVP before 8 September 2017 via Eventbrite: Resilient Women Forum
Kind regards, April Robinson
- UCA Assembly Membership 2018 (Melbourne)
TO: Synod members, ministers in placement, Church Council secretaries and Presbytery Secretaries:
The Business Committee has decided to extend the deadline for Assembly nominations till 6.00pm on Saturday 9 September – the first day of the Synod meeting.
Nominations for Synod Standing Committee close at 6.00pm on Sunday 10 September. Please note, you do not have to be a member of Synod to nominate for the Assembly, but you do need a member of Synod to nominate you.
You do, however, have to be a member of Synod to nominate for the Synod Standing Committee. You can find the nominations website at: http://nominations.victas.uca.org.au