MtE Update – February 19 2016
the latest MtE Update!
- Our after church conversation this Sunday Feb 21 will feature Dr John Flett on the topic of “What it Means at the Congregational Level to Engage in Mission” – will be worth hearing, and important for us as we consider future directions in connection with our building “issues”!
- On Sunday February 28 there will be a “workshop” on the Assembly’s new Code of Conduct for Lay Leaders. This code can be found here. The workshop is intended particularly for those in our congregation who qualify as “lay leaders,” but all are welcome to participate.
- Our Lenten Studies have begun; Wednesday evenings until March 9, Friday mornings in Hawthorn until March 11; more info is available here. Please note that the Wednesday group was incorrectly advertised; the soup/bread is from 6.30pm and the study from 7.00pm (at St Mary’s Anglican).
- The deadline for pieces for the next issue of Mark the Word approaches rapidly! Please get in touch with Suzanne if you have something to contribute.
- Our congregational picnic will be after morning tea on Sunday March 6, again at the Native Gardens section of Royal Park.
- The most recent Presbytery eNewsletter is here.
- The most recent Synod eNewsletter (Feb 12) is here.
- Nominations to the next VicTas Synod meeting (June 4-8 2016) are now open, closing March 9. Nominations are open to confirmed UCA members; Craig has more details if you are interesting in nominating someone, or being nominated.
- Our Easter Service times are here.
Other things of potential interest: