MtE Update – February 5 2016
the latest MtE Update – a busy start to the new year!
- Lent begins next week with our Ash Wednesday service, 6pm on February 10.
- Our Lenten Studies begin the following Wednesday, February 17 (Wednesday evenings or Friday mornings from the 19th); more info is available here. If you’ve an interest in being part of a third (proposing a time not listed) please let me know.
- Following worship this Sunday Feb 7 we’ll have another of our hymn-learning sessions: learning a new communion setting and adding to our hymn repertoire for Lent.
- Our after church conversation on Feb 21 will be Dr John Flett on the topic of “What it Means at the Congregational Level to Engage in Mission” – will be worth hearing, and important for us as we consider future directions in connection with our building “issues”!
- On Sunday February 28 there will be a “workshop” on the Assembly’s new Code of Conduct for Lay Leaders. This code can be found here. The workshop is intended particularly for those in our congregation who qualify as “lay leaders,” but all are welcome to participate.
- “Truly we will remember them” is an ANZAC remembrance service; more details here.
- Our congregational picnic will be after morning tea on Sunday March 6, again at the Native Gardens section of Royal Park.
- The CTM (Parkville) is offering two events on the theme of faith and sexuality, led by Bill Loader: an evening Feb 18 and Feb 19 day event.
- The Anglican Church in Melbourne is running a conference on evangelism in February: Life in Abundance: An Anglican Conference on Mission and Evangelism. The MtE Church Council is willing to subsidise up to $150 for any members of the congregation who would like to attend. Please speak to Craig if you’d like to avail yourself of this offer.
- Taize Melbourne has a service tomorrow tonight, February 6.
- This is a communication from the VicTas’s Social Justice Unit regarding the High Court decision this week on off-shore detention centres.